From Knox Makers Wiki
Revision as of 03:07, 13 August 2012 by Adan
This page lists our ideas for ongoing or future projects and classes. If you would like to spearhead a project, please move it under your name so that those who are interested will know who to contact.
- Lock picking
- Hardware analysis and performance tuning with Linux
- Nvidia CUDA
- Urban gardening\composting
- DIY arc welder http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-Microwave-Transformer-Homemade-Welder/
- Super low cost subtractive CNC machine/Laser cutter http://letsmakerobots.com/node/12713
- Glass blowing\lampwork
- Lost-wax\sand casting http://www.submarineboat.com/casting_aluminum.htm
- Beer brewing - oh yeah.
- Twin Screw Linear Motionator (Dr. Strangegun?)
- Vacuum Forming
- Temperature control for brewing and beyond (Arduino, Local display[LCD], Remote Display [XBee, 802.11, Ethernet], data logger, timer)
- Steam Punk wireless mouse
- 3D printing, modeling, OpenSCAD
- Kiln "modernization"
- Vending machine repurpose
- antique tape deck/radio/LP cabinet w/ speakers repurpose
- fractal images
- Ubuntu skins, modifications, plug-ins, and custom drops
- Kids' circuitry and electronics kits repurposed into an educational boardgame
- open source social network platform for smart devices to automatically emulate social interaction with other smart devices using Turing-friendly ~AI such as "jabberwacky" (Project FridgeTalk)
- DIY musical instruments
- database of useful free web services and open source/Creative Commons content
- FruityLoops and Linux MultiMedia Studio (LMMS)
- movie editing
- video game creation using free tools such as Styncyl, M.U.G.E.N, RPG Maker, etc.
- random art projects
- Dadaist scrolling LED jibber-jabber device