From Knox Makers Wiki
Revision as of 20:41, 17 January 2012 by Laz
- The primary duty of the office of President is to preside at meetings of the Board of Directors and of the Membership.
- The President must ensure that the Annual Meeting of the members is held as required by the Tennessee Nonprofit Corporations Act and must report on the activities of the organization for the previous year.
- Additionally, the President is required to ensure that all legally required documentation is filed with the appropriate agencies.
- The President should provide leadership and direction to the club by taking the lead in scheduling member activities that will promote and support the club.
- The President may sign contracts that are binding for the organization. This may be required for utilities, lease agreements, etc.
- The Vice President shares the duties of the office of the President. The Vice President must be willing to assume the duties of the President in the event that the President is unable to perform them.
- The Vice President may sign contracts that are binding for the organization. This may be required for utilities, lease agreements, etc.
- The primary duties of the office of Secretary are to:
- Maintain a list of current members and their email addresses
- Provide notification (compliant with Tennessee Nonprofit Corporations Act) to members in event of a meeting of the Membership.
- Provide notification (compliant with Tennessee Nonprofit Corporations Act) to board members in the event of a meeting of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain meeting minutes for any meeting of the Membership or Board of Directors.
- File the required Annual Report with the State of Tennessee.
- The Secretary may designate a volunteer to maintain meeting minutes in the event of his/her absence.
- The primary duties of the office of the Treasurer are to:
- Maintain accurate financial records for the organization to ensure that all funds are categorized correctly and accounted for in order to maintain nonprofit status.
- Collect dues from members and manage other donations and incomes.
- Pay the obligations of the organization.
- Maintain any and all accounts necessary and appropriate for the collection of dues and the payment of obligations.
- Report to the Membership on the finances of the organization at the Annual Meeting of the members.
- Report to the Board of Directors on the finances of the organization as required.
- The Treasurer may create, modify, transfer, or otherwise administer any financial accounts necessary and proper to execute his/her duties.
- The Treasurer may make payments from accounts as necessary to fulfill obligations of the organization.