Knox Makers is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization promoting mad science and creativity through presentations, hands-on workshops, and group projects, both at our workshop and out among the community. Knox Makers serves the Knoxville area with a 3,265 square foot workshop co-located with East Tennessee Technology Access Center at 116 Childress St NW.
Entry to the fenced parking area (blue) is via Drinnen Ave SW (yellow arrow). Our bay is downstairs and is accessed from the rear of the building.
The space currently incorporates
- Buildlog.net 2x Laser Cutter
- RepRap MendelMax 3D printer
- metal machining area featuring MIG and TIG welding, plasma cutting, lathe, mill, drill press, and measurement tools
- wood working area incorporating table saw, drill press, planer, band saw, lathe, cutoff saws, belt sander, and hand tools
- electronics workbench including soldering and rework equipment, digital and analog oscilloscopes, signal generators, and power supplies
- material storage system stocked with wood and metal sheets, boards, and rods
- meeting/classroom area with digital projector, LCD display, and amplified sound system
Members enjoy 24-hour access to the facility and dedicated personal storage space.